T/J Fabricators, Inc. offers precision laser cutting services using state-of-the-art equipment. Whether you require contract, fabrication, or prototyping services, our fast laser cutting machines allow us to offer high-quality parts with short lead times. Since these machines operate by moving the laser instead of the part, we can achieve the highest degree of accuracy and superior edge quality, keeping parts in place without the need for extensive clamping.
We can work on sheets as large as 5’ x 10’, and our advanced laser cutting machines are compatible with a wide range of materials. Every part we manufacture is subject to an extensive inspection process to ensure optimal value and quality. Based in Addison, IL, our ISO 9001:2015 certified facility and seasoned experts serve clients located throughout the United States.
Industrial Applications of Precision Laser Cutting
Laser cutting works with a wide range of materials and is suitable for prototyping as well as low and high production volumes. This, along with its many other benefits, makes it a popular choice for a wide range of industries, including:
- Food Service
- Railways and Trains
Advantages of Precision Laser Cutting
Precision laser cutting offers many significant benefits compared to other metal fabrication techniques. Some of the more noteworthy advantages of metal laser cutting include:
- Ability to handle complex jobs. There is no job that is too complicated or detailed for laser cutting machines to perform. Precision laser cutting creates minimal distortion and warping and delivers unrivaled tolerance levels on even the most complex geometries.
- Low lead time and costs. Laser cutting doesn’t require any custom-built or specially modified tooling, which significantly reduces lead times and costs compared to other cutting methods. It also doesn’t have any physical cutting surfaces that wear out and need to be replaced. Since all that’s required is the laser cutter and the design, overall costs are greatly reduced.
- Low power consumption. Even when used to cut extremely thick materials, laser cutters require low amounts of energy. This is primarily because, unlike other cutting tools, laser cutters have no moving parts. In most situations, laser cutters require less than 10 kW of energy, which decreases running costs and has a lower environmental impact than other cutting tools.
- Versatility. Besides cutting, laser cutting technology can perform a variety of other tasks, including marking, drilling, and engraving, without the need to switch or replace tooling. Precision laser cutting is also unique in that it is suitable for a wide range of materials, including not only metals but also wood, plastic, and more.
- Flexibility. Laser cutting does not require switching or changing tools between cuts. The same setup can cut a variety of shapes within the same material thickness, regardless of how complex the cuts are.
- Precision. In comparison to other thermal cutting methods, the precision of laser cutting is second to none. With an accuracy of +/-0.1 mm, highly precise cuts can be made without requiring after-treatment. In most cases, tolerances are typically between 0.003 mm and 0.006 mm, far outperforming other cutting techniques.
Precision Laser Cutting Capabilities at T/J Fabricators
T/J Fabricators, Inc. offers prototyping, fabrication, and contract laser cutting services. We can handle prototype orders and short runs as well as low, medium, and high production volumes. With the fastest laser cutting machines on the market, we provide short lead times ranging from 3 to 5 weeks, and we can cut materials with thicknesses ranging from .010’’ to .5’’
At T/J Fabricators, Inc., we can work with a range of file formats, including PDF, AlphaCAM (AMD, ATD), AutoCAD (DWG, DWZ), SOLIDWORKS, and Pro-E or Pro/Engineer (DRW, PRT, XPR). Our cutting edge 3-axis laser cutting machinery can accommodate various materials, including:
- Cold-rolled steel
- Galvanized steel
- Hot-rolled steel
- Stainless steel
Additionally, we offer many other services, including assembly, forming, polishing, CNC machining, finishing, pad printing, painting, plating, punching, silk screening, and storage.